Get a Glowing Face for the Holidays
December Beauty Tips
Oh the holidays are a joyful time of family, friends, and being with loved ones. There are countless social gatherings and many pictures will be taken. This is the time of year you’re going to want to look your best.
Along with all the fun comes a bit of stress and fatigue. It can take its toll on your health…and on your beauty. This can show up as dark circles, puffy eyes, fine lines, wrinkles, and a dull, uneven complexion. These culprits include:
- not enough sleep
- too much rich food
- more wine than usual
- cold, dry air
Nearly everyone is affected by these factors and the extra stress put on our looks this time of year, but there are also simple ways to neutralize some of the damage.
ADD THESE STEPS IN WITH YOUR HOLIDAY FUN TO HELP PRESERVE HEALTHY, GLOWING SKIN:
1) For every glass of wine or other beverage … drink a glass of water. Alcohol is dehydrating and can age your skin. There is no substitute for good, pure water to flush toxins and help you stay hydrated.
2) While there’s so much more to do, stay organized and take it one day at a time. Don’t skimp on your sleep to compensate, just try to make the most of the day time. Adequate rest helps your body heal and rejuvenate.
3) You’ll have those frustrating moments where taking some deep breaths and counting to ten will be crucial. Don’t let the stress get to you. Play calming music, use aromatherapy, and laugh it off.
4) As hard as it will be, maintaining your exercise routine will keep your metabolism going to burn those extra calories, the sweat will help flush out the toxins, and the endorphins will help you manage your mood during stressful moments.
5) While eating splurges are just going to happen, balance those by eating nutrient dense foods, such as raw fruits and veggies, unprocessed nuts, avocados, salads and high quality proteins. Minimize the carbs and sugar as much as possible.
6) And don’t forget to treat yourself to an anti aging procedure and skincare products that don’t just counteract the damage done, but repair and restore your skin’s youthfulness.
QUICK TREATMENTS TO GET THAT SMOOTH, WRINKLE FREE SKIN
With all the social events and photos you’ll be in, be proactive with your skin by taking advantage of the “in and out” procedures that don’t involve recovery, but offer fairly quick results.
Injectables such Botox smooth out those forehead wrinkles. The fillers Juvederm, Radiesse or Sculptra can plump and smooth lines and even contour the face for a fullness that turns back the clock several years.
A gift certificate for these, and other procedures offered at Davinci Plastic Surgery, will be sure to elicit a glowing smile. Visit www.Davinciplastic.com for more youth enhancing gift ideas.
Best Wishes to you and your loved ones.
Dr. Steven Davison