A facelift can take up to 10 years off your appearance, but the aging process will continue. Sometimes, during the short years after a facelift, it may appear as though the youthful leap can be lost even more quickly. There are some skin care tricks that enhance and extend your facelift results so the ongoing signs of aging appear slower. You can achieve great results with proper care and maintenance of your skin.
These are good practices for maintaining more youthful skin in general, but are imperative for those who’ve had a facelift and want to protect their investment in facial rejuvenation:
LIFESTYLE CHOICES LINKED TO AGING… Your diet affects more than your body image and whether you keep or lose weight. The quality of what you put in your body affects the organs and tissues, and after all, the skin is your biggest organ.
- Sugar causes inflammation and wrinkles. A healthy alternative is vitamin and mineral rich local, raw honey.
- Be sure to include collagen boosting foods in your diet, such as celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, dark green and colorful vegetables, fish, avocados, berries, white tea, garlic, fresh citrus fruits, oysters, and proteins like eggs, nuts and lean meats.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated and flush your skin of toxins. Limit dehydrating beverages, such as alcohol and coffee.
- Help your plastic surgery results last longer by avoiding smoking and extreme fluctuations in weight.
- Studies show that a positive, cheerful disposition can help keep you healthy. You use more facial wrinkle making muscles to frown than to smile.
- STAYING AWAY FROM THE SUN AND POLLUTION… One of the most significant factors that cause the skin to lose its collagen and elastin is the sun. This can reverse the benefits of a facelift real quick. The sun contributes to:
- sunken, loose skin that is leathery in texture
- pigmentation that gives an uneven, rough appearance
- dehydrated skin that’s lost volume and wrinkles set faster
You can protect your face with sunscreen, hats, and by limiting your direct sun exposure. You’ll also want to guard yourself from environmental pollution, which can damage the skin’s cellular integrity to protect against the signs of aging.
REFRESH YOUR FACELIFT WITH INJECTABLES that will keep your Facelift looking younger longer. Injectables can gel address those facial visible lines and also replace lost volume to help stave off surgery or enhance a recent surgery.
CHEMICAL PEELS REVEAL FRESH, GLOWING SKIN… I offer this effective skin resurfacing treatment in my office. It is very important to consider why this should be done under medical supervision since chemical peels can also damage the skin if done incorrectly.
DAILY SKIN CARE FOR MAINTENANCE… This seemingly small yet significant daily need for using clinically proven skin care helps to prolong the youthful effects of cosmetic procedures. SkinMedica is the skin care of choice for my patients.
These simple options can protect your skin and keep the beautiful, youthful results from your facelift lasting as long as possible. To talk about a facelift or if you’ve already had one and would like the help to effectively maintain the results, schedule a consultation at www.davinciplastic.com.
Helping you keep “your best face forward.”