There will be lots of picture taking at lots of social events and they will most likely end up on “social media.” So….we all want to put our “best face forward” for those poses. I offer a brief, few tips for great photos:
- The Perfect Pout – this requires bright pearly white teeth and “plush lips.” Juvederm is the most popular way to get that perfect pout with well shaped, lush lips. Let’s talk soon!
- Eyes Youthful and Bright… You’ve heard it said that you should smile with your eyes. And if you’ve got some crow’s feet and forehead wrinkles, you can take years off your eyes with a little BOTOX.
- Your forehead is part of your “T zone” and can often look shiny in pictures. Remember to always apply a light dusting of translucent powder to keep away the shine.
- Do Away with the Double Chin…
One of the most common picture blunders.
Use injectables like VOLUMA to restore volume and contour to the chin area.
- You can also trick the camera into slimming down your face … slightly tilt your head down and angle your chin out just a little bit. This gives the perception of a sharper jaw line and higher cheekbones.
6. The Three “P’s” of Pictures: Position, Posture and Pose…
Position yourself in the middle of a group photo. The people on the end always look bigger.
Good posture makes you look thinner and your stomach flatter. Simply stand up straight, lengthen your neck, roll your shoulders back, and lift up your chest. Pose in a natural, slimming position by resting your weight on one leg. Rest your hand on the hip with shoulder and elbow pointed back or allow your hands to fall naturally at your side while slightly lifting your elbow back and away from your body.
Looking forward to an outstanding 2017….Best Wishes to You and Yours!
Steven Davison M.D.