My last blog introduced you to the idea of “aging across the decades.” Aging in your 40’s is the next decade I want to cover while listing today’s age defying options for this season of aging.
First: some benefits of starting anti aging treatments early:
- You will heal better and faster with less downtime (if any)
- Costs could be greatly reduced by avoiding surgery (for example)
- Aging may actually be “halted” – doing surgery early preserves the facial structure before it would normally fall…
- Support mechanisms for muscles and tissues…by doing early intervention…you’re supporting the structure that can change the lane of aging you were genetically set up to follow!
- Eye Brows become sparse and thin, may descend causing the upper eyelids to appear “hooded.”
- Eyelids change as puffiness in the upper and lower lids becomes visible and lines, wrinkles and bags appear and start to settle in.
AGE DEFYING OPTION #1: Lower lid blepharoplasty to correct hollows, under eye bags and volume loss. Under eye bags and bulges are a universal problem among women in their 40’s. It shows up as as fat in the cheeks diminishes, bags develop and the eyelids look longer. Blepharolplasty (lower) corrects the sagging, bagginess, and deep grooves that also form. Fat can be used (a natural, long lasting volumizer) to replace volume and reverse those signs of deficient or displaced fat. Lower blepharolplasty can be equated with replacing old beams in your house. You are actually placing new support systems and structure to your face while reversing aging and restoring youthfulness.
OPTION #2: Mini Facelift – If you have a mini facelift in your 40’s (as many are doing today), you will experience less invasiveness and better results that will keep you looking 5, 10, 15 years younger…always! The mini focuses on the upper or lower 1/3 of the face and employs well hidden incisions. Underlying muscles, brows and cheeks get boosted to restore youthfulness and better structure to your face. Results typically last 12 to 15 years. The more elastic your skin is, the longer the results hold up.
Well, I’ll give more details on the procedures later on. Now, I just want to work through the phases of aging and offer life changing and face changing options. This info applies to men and women of all ages and stages. It’s never too late to start.
Helping You Keep Your Best Face Forward is What I Do!