Does this describe you?
- You’re a loyal recipient of injectables and have enjoyed the benefits for years.
- You love the results, but have the feeling you’re needing a little more than what they can do.
- You don’t have in mind anything drastic, but some minor improvements just beyond the benefits that injectables have previously satisfied.
- You’re open minded to surgical options, but are in the prime of your career and/or raising a family, and just don’t have the time for a recovery “time out.”
If so, you might be a good candidate for a Mini Facelift. In the past many people were saying this kind of surgery wasn’t worth it because of the subtlety. Now, with the “tweakment” mindset of many people these days, I would say it is a great fit. Here’s why:
- Yes, the results aren’t drastic, but that’s what some people want. They want that comment from a friend or coworker that says, “You look refreshed, a little younger, but I can’t put my finger on exactly how.”
- Volume loss and loose skin that is effected by gravity cause the beginning of jowling along the jawline. A small tightening to this area with a Mini Facelift is refining and rejuvenating. If the neck is in pretty good condition, then the Mini Facelift will address the jowling and lower third of the face nicely to turn back time about 5 to 7 years. This is ideal for women in the 40s, but I’ve seen patients in their mid 30s through their mid 50s who could benefit from a Mini Facelift.
- Depending on the issues addressed by a Mini Lift, it can usually be done without general anesthesia and within a fairly quick surgery requiring a small hidden incision. The recovery is mild. Some people go back to work after a long weekend or feel good enough within a week. This is a perfect option for most women in their prime career and family years.
Not Ready for Surgery Yet? A Liquid Facelift can be a great way to hold off on a surgical Facelift. It can smooth wrinkles, restore volume, and even lift a little. However, when it comes to the effects of aging on the lower face and neck, injectables are limited and not long lasting.
Need something a little more? A Full Facelift can address the whole face, but really tighten major jowling and sagging neck that can leave you rejuvenated and looking 10 years younger. Depending on the degree, will require about 2 weeks out of work and resting with about a month of recovery. Swelling and bruising will gradually subside beyond that time, but is manageable and coverable with makeup.
Every Facelift is unique. Come talk with us about your facial rejuvenation goasl so we can help you decide what “tweakment” or procedure will be best for you. Schedule a consultation at www.davinciplastic.com.
Steven Davison M.D.
Board Certified Plastic/Reconstructive Surgeon