Your Plastic Surgeon Should be Highly Educated, Trained and Skilled
TRAINING… QUALITY EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – for 2017 and Beyond!
You should choose a surgeon who really is well educated, fellowship trained and with hands on experience. Patients are already scheduling for 2017 procedures…so I want to remind you of the importance of your surgeon’s credentials. I share mine with you as an example…
PRIMARY GOAL – HIGHEST QUALITY CARE
Providing the highest quality care to my patients has always been my primary goal… so I adhered to the highest standards …beginning with my studies. My degree in Dentistry includes the Dell Medal for Performance and The British Student of the Year award from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland. After earning my medical degree from the University of Maryland, my peers voted for me to receive the Babcock Award for surgical excellence. Moving on to specialize in head and neck/otolaryngology at the world renown Mayo Clinic was the next phase in my career. For my final years of hands on experience, I was awarded a plastic surgery fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh – renown for its comprehensive plastic surgery programs – and then I completed a reconstructive cancer fellowship at the premier cancer hospital in the country, MD Anderson in Texas.
QUALIFICATIONS… BOARD CERTIFICATION DOES MATTER!
Another factor that elevates my standing as a plastic surgeon is that I am triple board certified in a rare yet extremely applicable combination: plastic surgery, otolaryngology/head and neck surgery, and facial plastic surgery (which I earned the Jack Webster prize for the highest score). I am the only such surgeon in the tri-state area and one of only a handful in the United States with this level of triple board certification.
It is important to note that the board certifications I’ve earned are accredited by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), which has the highest standards. With ABMS certifications you can be assured that the doctor has:
– graduated from an accredited medical school
– completed at least 5 years of additional training as a resident surgeon in a program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Medical Education or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
– passed comprehensive written and oral exams
– voluntarily submitted to this extra process after their training to demonstrate a commitment to excellence in their field
RESULTS… PAY ATTENTION TO PEER AND PATIENT REVIEW
I believe in always staying on the cutting edge of my field. As a result I have given 95 national and international lectures, and written more than 100 clinical papers. Some of my greatest acknowledgements have been from my peers and patients, as I’ve been:
– nominated in the Washingtonian for both “Best Doctor” in plastic surgery AND breast reconstruction (by my peers)
– currently rated Castle Connolly best surgeon and an “America’s Top Surgeon”
– selected as “The Best Plastic Surgeon” of DC and “Number One Doctor” (for many years by patients)
My biggest reward and compliment is a satisfied patient. To find out more of my credentials and schedule a consultation, please visit www.davinciplastic.com.