NO TWO NOSES ARE ALIKE! Every Rhinoplasty surgery is individualized and is very complex and difficult. But, the rewards are significant. A nose surgery can offer subtle or very dramatic results to your overall look and can correct nasal function. However, since every nose is different, an experienced surgeon and the patients’ realistic expectations are a must otherwise, some patients are disappointed with the results of their surgery and request “Revision Rhinoplasty.” Revision Rhinoplasty differs from primary surgery and is typically a more difficult surgery. It is performed to correct deformities or imperfections from the primary surgery which altered the nose thus making revision results less predictable. I perform countless nose surgeries and am always grateful for good outcomes.
OK…the top 5 reasons people have nose jobs:
1) to correct asymmetries or depressions in the nose
2) for displaced implants or cartilage grafts that make the nose look bulbous/round
3) to correct nasal obstructions hindering breathing
4) Nose is too large, too small, too long, too wide, flared nostrils etc……
5) nasal tip has drooped…making projection inadequate, out of balance
The nose is the most prominent facial feature and can either enhance other facial features or distort them. People who choose Rhinoplasty share a common concern about the appearance or function of their nose and desire for overall facial balance.
Good candidates are people with realistic expectations, who are in overall good general health and who understand that surgeries of the nose are difficult and rarely achieve “perfect” results. We strive for safe, natural looking results.
REASONS REVISION RHINOPLASTY IS MORE CHALLENGING THAN PRIMARY RHINOPLASTY SURGERY:
- Geography is altered due to cartilage removal during the first surgery
- Cartilage needed for repairs then has to be borrowed from somewhere else
- Borrowing cartilage requires an extra incision
- Scar tissue has formed from first surgery…this presents challenges
- Little spider veins (telangectasias) often occur in second surgeries
- Revision is very detailed/complex as nasal form must be restored and breathing mechanisms must be repaired
- These challenges increase surgery time
- Few surgeons are highly trained or specialized in nasal revision surgeries
As you can see, Revision Rhinoplasty may have its own set of special considerations, but it can also be the most rewarding surgery….making it one of the most often performed procedures year after year. See my website for complete info: www.davinciplastic.com.
NECKLIFT is at the top of the “most wanted” list also. Many people have Necklifts done in combo with Lip Augmentation for wonderful, youthful looking results and balance in the lower face. If done in your 50’s or 60’s, a NeckLift removes the excess, loose skin that is a dead give away to your true age! Liposuction removes the excess fat and the necklift procedure lifts, excises excess skin and tightens sagging muscles to restore 10 years of youthfulness.
Are you considering some cosmetic of functional procedure? Are you ready for those Family Reunions, Graduations, Weddings, Spring events, beach/family times and more? Now is the time to get started! Let’s talk soon.
Stay Well and Keep Your Best Self Forward!