The Eyes…Gateway to the Face
The face is such a harmonious masterpiece that even the slightest tweak can make a drastic change to the whole face. Just take the controversy last month over the Hollywood actress Renee Zellwegers’s new look. She stepped onto the red carpet at ELLE’s 21st annual Women In Hollywood Awards and something was markedly different about her appearance, particularly the eye and forehead area. Regardless of whether you think it’s an improvement or not, she’s still a beautiful woman, and yet it’s amazing how much change can be made from the small procedures (eyelid lift and botox) that are speculated she’s had done.
Before and After…I have many patients’ before and after photos that point out how much altering the eye and forehead area can change the overall appearance of the face. It offers a completely refreshed, alert, and newly rejuvenated look. So if you have struggled with the terribly aging effects of droopy or puffy eyelids, and deep forehead wrinkles, you can rest assured that there are simple, safe and effective solutions that Davinci Plastic Surgery can provide.
Consider eye lid lift if you…
- have excess, hanging skin covering the natural fold of the upper eyelids
- upper and lower eyelids appear puffy, making your eyes look tired and aged
- have deep troughs under your eyes
What BLEPHAROPLASTY involves… For upper lids you can expect a more visible eyelid that opens up the eyes by removing the excess, hanging skin. To accomplish this without any signs of surgery, the incision line will be made at the natural eyelid crease.
For the lower eyelids you can expect the dark shadow created by the bulge and hollow to disappear, giving you a more awake, rejuvenated look. There are a few surgical method options depending on the eye structure and elasticity of the skin, including making an incision just below the eyelashes or inside the eyelid.
Consider a BROW LIFT if you…
- Just don’t like heavy brows close to your eyes
- Have thickened, deep creases in between the brows
- Feel like your lower brows give you a sad, tired or angry look
What a BROW LIFT involves … There are a few methods to choose from depending on your facial structure, such as Biplane, Endoscopic and Traditional/Coronal/Direct Browlift. Knowing which one is best for an individual is why it’s so important to choose someone like myself who is an expert in these types of surgeries. The incisions will be hidden in the hairline and my techniques result in less swelling, bruising and recovery time.
Non Surgical Eye Area Rejuvenation…
- Try hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers lower eyelids. JUVÉDERM can be injected into the under eye trough where there’s normally dark circles to rejuvenate the appearance of the under-eye area.
- Fat grafting is also an option for filling in sunken under eyes.
- Lasers to tighten excess skin and remove wrinkles.
- BOTOX for relaxing the lines on the forehead and crows feet.
- These all may be used in conjunction with BLEPHAROPLASTY to accomplish optimal results for youthful eyes.
Rejuvenating your eye area will impact the youthful appearance of your whole face. Some say the eyes are the gateway to the soul, but I can at least attest that the eyes are the gateway to the face. Let’s talk about revitalizing your eye area today. To learn more visit www.davinciplastic.com
Steven Davison, MD
Facial & Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon/Board Certified