Revitalizing the “V Zone”
With today’s refined techniques and heightened sensitivity of the plastic surgery industry, there’s no reason for any woman to be unhappy with how her feminine nether regions look or feel. We briefly discussed the topic of revitalizing the “V zone” in the Mommy Makeover blogs a few months ago. I thought it would be worth going over in depth to help more women, not just recent moms, realize that there can be a solution for their concerns in this area and it isn’t taboo.
GETTING BACK TO NORMAL… As women age and especially after childbirth, the female genitalia, let’s call it FemGen for short, can drastically change. It may look different, feel different or both. Every woman is unique, but some are born with irregularities that cause discomfort. Any of these irregular FemGen issues, whether genetic or from life experience, can be very troubling both emotionally and physically for women in all ages and stages of life. Revitalizing the “V Zone” through Labiaplasty or Vaginoplasty can help women feel normal in that sensitive area, which can increase self confidence and sexual satisfaction.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LABIAPLASTY AND VAGINOPLASTY… To simplify, Vaginoplasty addresses internal vaginal corridor and Labiaplasty addresses concerns with the outside labia minora or majora. There is also Perineoplasty, which is commonly done to correct poor healing from vaginal trauma in childbirth resulting in a drastic tear or episiotomy with an irregular scar. Vaginoplasty is usually done to tighten the vaginal canal. This is the most complicated of the FemGen procedures because it addresses internal muscles, so it requires a very skilled and experienced surgeon. Labioplasty is the most commonly performed surgery of the 3. It is also called Labial Revision, Labial Beautification, Labial Reduction, Labial Augmentation, etc.
- LABIAPLASTY RESTORES BEAUTY AND COMFORT… To some women, their “flower” looks a little wilted, large or lopsided and so Labiaplasty can beautify this area. Refining the labia also means more comfort for some women. If the labia is too enlarged, thickened or elongated, it can cause several physical discomforts or embarrassment.
2. Excess tissue from enlarged labia traps moisture causing irritation, rashes and infections.
3. Visible lumps can be seen through tighter clothing, such as athletic wear, tight pants, baithing suits, etc.
4. Certain movements can be uncomfortable, like when exercising, biking and during sexual intimacy.
5. Labia can cause discomfort and pain during intimacy and get in the way of sexual gratification and fulfillment.
“V ZONE” VOLUME LOSS… This isn’t just an issue for the face. Volume loss that comes with aging affects the FemGen area too. This loss of padding on the pubic mons and labia majora can make sexual intimacy quite uncomfortable. Fortunately, the natural padding can be restored through Fat Transfer, also known as Fat Grafting.
So whatever it is you’d like to address in your FemGen area; tightening,contouring/ trimming, filling to replace volume or flattening (remove an obvious bulge), there is a safe and effective procedure that can help you restore confidence and comfort. To schedule a consultation with a confidential, caring specialist plastic surgeon, visit www.davinciplastic.com.
Steven Davison M.D.
Board Certified Plastic/Reconstructive Surgeon