When you’re going for any injectable treatment, the skill of the injector makes a tremendous difference in the results. When it comes to your face, this is definitely not something you want to be bargain hunting or wheeling and dealing. A bad injector can make you look older or even distort your natural appearance.
Here are some clues you’re going to get a bad injection, and what to look for instead:
There are a good variety of injectables and some are a better fit for different facial structures, skin age and rejuvenation goals. If the office doesn’t represent this beauty of choice and tries to fit everyone in the box of a one size fits all injection, then you know something is wrong. Each person’s unique needs should be addressed regarding the placement of injections and what kind of injectables are used.
Infections happen easily and so it is important to be very picky about the cleanliness of the facility. Don’t just breeze in the office and get your injection. Look at it with a critical eye and especially important to assess the cleanliness of the injection room. A sterile needle and fresh vial of injectable should be shown to the patient before treatment.
Quality of Care
You can trust your face to the quality of care that can only be provided by an injector with experience, certification, specialization, consultation and confidence.
- Experience: An injector should have a lot of experience with a variety of injectables and specialize in the art of injectables. This gives the injector a true “feel” for the unique needs of each patient.
- Certification: There’s actually an industry standard that is applied to the best practitioners, qualifying them as Expert Injectors. This extra certification and licensure ensures that the injector you choose has had the training and experience to give you the best chances for the results your desiring.
- Specialization: With injections being offered at home and almost every medi spa across the country, it’s important to recognize that doctors and nurse practitioners, such as our own PA Nora, with specialization this field have an intimate knowledge of facial structure and can provide the best results.
- Consultation: While injectables generally provide a “quick fix” for addressing aging concerns, the injector should take the time discuss your desires and long term goals. This might include a treatment plan to include other anti aging procedures.
- Confidence: The training, experience and specialization required for a job well done in this field provides a confidence that the practitioner has and one that you can have also. If your injector seems shaky or unsure in the least bit, walk away.
As an expert injector with experience of working on hundreds of faces with the highest levels of satisfaction, standards and level of artistry in facial rejuvenation, you can trust your face in Nora’s hands. To schedule an appointment for your injectables consultation, visit www.davinciplastic.com.
Steven Davison M.D.
Board Certified Plastic/Reconstructive Surgeon