Taking Care of Your Skin “In Between” Treatments
We are truly partners in your anti aging goals. While I can provide wonderful youth restoring results with plastic surgery and injectables, you need to take measures to protect and preserve your skin. Taking care of your skin will help you to have the best and longest lasting results from your procedures. Proper skin care strengthens the skin and slows down the signs of aging in between treatments.
Here are a few of the ways to maintain healthy skin:
- don’t smoke
- manage stress
- drink lots of water
- always use sunscreen
- eat healthful, antioxidant rich foods
- use high quality, science based skincare every day
PROTECTING SKIN WITH SKINCARE
It is crucial to take care of your skin in between treatments. With all of the environmental threats to your skin, you need to use some of the most cutting edge, scientifically based skin care to help protect and preserve your skin. SkinMedica is the brand I recommend and offer through my office.
Advanced formulas with decades of scientific research and proven results behind them.
Many formulas contain the unique, patented complexes:
*APS Corrective Complex – a patented mixture of antioxidants, peptides and other innovative ingredients that synergistically improve the overall appearance of skin.
*TNS Recovery Complex – formulated from naturally occurring growth factors, antioxidants, soluble collagen, cytokines and matrix proteins (93.6% concentration.
*Does not conduct product testing on animals.*
CHOOSING THE RIGHT PRODUCTS
With all the skincare products on the market, it can be hard to know what you need. Who better to help you than a physician like myself? If I’ve performed any procedure on you, we’ve had a consultation. Because of this, I have a knowledge of your health, your anti aging goals and the condition of your skin, therefore I can make a “tailored” recommendation just for you.
These are some of my favorite SkinMedica products:
1. TNS Essential Serum … offers multi functional performance to lighten, tighten, and brighten skin. This all in one formula has clinical studies that demonstrate improvements to the appearance of skin tone, texture, coloration, fine lines and wrinkles. It combines SkinMedica’s renowned growth factor formula, TNS Recovery Complex and APS Corrective Complex.
2. TNS Eye Repair … provides both prevention and improvement to wrinkles and puffiness around the eyes. This product contains TNS, chelating agents, light diffusers, as well as vitamins C and E.
3. Rejuvenative Moisturizer … hydrates and improves fine lines. It protects against free radical damage and keeps skin soft and supple with Hyaluronic Acid, vitamins C, E, and Retinyl Palmitate.
4. Retinol Complex 0.5% … deep wrinkle treatment regenerates skin to diminish the appearance of fine lines. Retinol should be a part of most everyone’s skincare routine.
5. Lytera … addresses pigmentation, redness and dull skin. Look for a brighter more even skin tone in 4 weeks.
6. Vitamin C&E Complex … offers powerful protection against free radical damage and helps improve skin tone.
To learn more about which SkinMedica products would be best for you, schedule a consultation at www.davinciplastic.com.
Steven Davison M.D.
Board Certified Plastic/Reconstructive Surgeon