It’s unavoidable and I know it…so let me give you some common sense tips for protection while you play in the sun this summer. First know that lotions and Sunblocks work optimally when used along with hats, sun glasses and sun protection garments.
Our environment is changing and this alters the way the sun affects us. So gear up for those outings and you can keep your skin looking good while minimizing damage. Here’s my short list:
- HATS…there are many inexpensive/expensive glamorous hats today that can “dress up” any outfit…even a bathing suit. Wide brim hats are a terrific way to block sun rays from your face and neck. Gardeners have worn them for years to avoid excess sun exposure.
- SUN GLASSES …are an absolute must! They can be stylish and still protect your precious eyes and the skin tissue surrounding the eye area. Glasses also prevent “squinting” which causes those fine lines that form around the eye. The eye area is one of the first on the face to show aging dramatically. Beware…and protect it!
- SUN PROTECTION GARMENTS & PRODUCTS…These garments have been used in water sports for many years now. Most are available in every size and style imaginable. They can provide up to SPF 50 or even greater, are light weight,can be worn in the water or on land for play/sports and are great for extended periods of time during sun exposure. The great benefit (especially for children) is that reapplication is not needed when wearing these garments. A newer “wash in “ product is available and can be “washed into” any garment. This can add SPF 30 for your regular outdoor clothing.
With schools out…vacations in progress and lots of time planned in the summer sun….please take the time to absorb this info ….and APPLY it. Have a great time!
Sunscreen protection at the beach!
Industry terms can often be confusing. So, since we all love our fun in the sun, let me explain briefly these words so you can understand the importance of arming yourself with protective products this summer. First, you already know there are lots of products out there…different brands tout different benefits so it’s difficult to choose the right product. But, you need to know this and arm your beach bag with great products that will help protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays. Here we go:
- UVA…the aging rays cause premature signs of aging with excess sun exposure. UVA rays are stronger in the early morning and late afternoon.
- UVB…the burning rays that result in “sunburns.” The UVB rays are stronger in the late morning and early afternoon.
- SUNBLOCK…is a topical application that actually scatters or deflects the rays of the sun. Key ingredients to look for are Titanium Dioxide and/or Zinc Dioxide. We carry excellent products…so ask us to recommend the right one for you!
- BROAD SPECTRUM SUN PRODUCTS…offer both UVA and UVB protection.
- SPF… refers to Sun Protection Factor offered by each product. For example an SPF 30 means you can remain in the sun 30 times longer while using the product than you could without wearing it. The testing to determine the “factor” involves how long it takes to redden the skin without product versus with product applied. Thus, SPF 30, SPF 50 etc. Two more important factors include “daily use” meaning those products are formulated to offer incidental exposure like getting in and out of your car…walking from a parking lot into a store…that kind of scenario. “Active Use” products are designed to protect during long periods of sun exposure. The SPF levels are higher and labeling may indicate for “sports” usage, or long wearing. These are great for children.
OK. Now go have some fun in the sun…but not until you’ve armed yourself. We can help with your needs there. More next time!
[wpvideo gsl8tA9B]Botox has been around now for two plus decades and is one the most popular wrinkle treatments for both men and women. It’s also been used in therapeutic medical treatments, hundred of thousands of them worldwide for several decades. It’s safe and it works! One ten minute treatment and a few tiny injections gets results you can see in just a few days…and the results are long lasting. In fact, the latest news is that Botox users are reporting longer lasting results, with fewer injections, after about 20 months of usage. In case you don’t know, here’s how Botox works:
- Blocks muscle contractions …prevents line/wrinkle formation
- Blocks muscle motion to smooth out existing lines & wrinkles
- Botox Relaxes facial folds
- It Restores a refreshed, youthful facial appearance
- Botox Smooths away tense, worn appearance
- Gets Results you can see in a few days
- Is an office treatment that’s virtually downtime free! It’s All About the Injector!!!!
You can go to spas and get different injectable filler treatments, but do you want to risk your face to a non-expert injector? Look, no two faces are alike and the facial anatomy is quite amazing with muscles, tissues and nerves that help you put your “best face forward” everyday. A bad treatment can be bad news! I individualize every single treatment I do. This requires an excellent knowledge and understanding of the complex facial anatomy, the right dosages and expert injection techniques. Please don’t risk the possible downsides, by using an unskilled injector, to what can otherwise be a great experience. I am an “expert injector” specially trained and skilled in all injectable treatments. I think Botox is great…and I want you to enjoy the best results possible so that you can go through the summer looking relaxed, refreshed and youthful. OK. Come on in and let’s get you set for the rest of your summer…so you can feel and look terrific.You can learn more by visiting our website or calling us. https://www.davinciplastic.com/nonsurgical-botox.htm
Click her to see video on Botox Patients
Wearing a Hat is added sun protection!
Last time I wrote about Sun Protection but didn’t take the time to tell you about the cancers the Suns’ UV rays can cause. First, know that skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States (500,000+ per year), and that more than 90% of skin cancer is caused by the sun’s UV rays. Melanoma and Non-Melanoma’s are the most common types, but they are highly curable if treated early. We all are at risk…but some of us more so than others. Read On!
You could be at higher risk for skin cancer if any or all of the following applies to you:
- You have lighter natural skin color
- IF there’s Family and/or Personal history of skin cancer
- You have daily Sun exposure through work and play
- You have a history of early life sunburns
- Skin that burns, freckles, reddens easily, or becomes painful in the sun
- You have Blue or green eyes & Blonde or red hair and/or…
- Certain types & a large number of moles
- Some prescription drugs cause more susceptibility to UV rays
The three common names for skin cancer are: Basal Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, and Malignant Melanoma.
Now, I’m not going into the treatments, just know that if you develop symptoms such as a small, shiny lump, a spot or mole that is red and firm, or a sore/spot that bleeds and becomes crusty – and won’t heal…. you need to get checked out immediately.
OK – Here’s a review on “Summer Sun Protection” –
- HATS – DON’T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT ONE
- SUN GLASSES – CRITICAL FOR EYE PROTECTION
- SUN PROTECTION GARMENTS/PRODUCTS (like used in water sports)
- SUNBLOCKS – they work optimally when used with the rest of these!
Now, go have some fun!